1. Shower right away. Avoid the acne that comes with sweat drying on your skin, even if you only have 20 minutes to get ready after your workout, a quick rinse will help you avoid the acne we all know and hate.
2. Don’t wash your hair. When I workout I use a towel to wipe sweat as a go. I workout every day, so most days I shower twice a day. It would be incredibly bad for my hair if I washed it twice a day. So I skip it! My heads not normally drenched in sweat and a little oil is good for hair growth. A cute top bun or braid when you’re in a hurry is still cute!
3. Moisturize! Lather up with coconut oil at the end of the day. I heat mine on the stove in a pot and rub it on like lotion. It helps prevent stretch marks and makes my calluses softer. The calluses on my feet from always training were so rough. Lathering them in coconut oil and throwing on some socks before bed helps a ton!
4. Minimal make up. I typically wear make up MAYBE 2 days out of the week. Avoiding heavy concealers helps my skin stay clear. I may throw on some mascara and shiney chapstick, then I’m good to go!
5. Smell good! If you don’t have time to shower or a quick rinse, make sure you’ve got deodorant and perfume to get you through the rest of your day. My fav is Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume!
6. If your job allows it, wear workout clothes 5 days out of the week. Exercise Science Majors are always ready to throw down;) just kidding, but we do have to wear workout clothes for lab and most of us have fitness classes as a requirement so I’m always in workout clothes. And my job is work from home/wherever so I may as well be comfortable! This makes it easier to get motivated to get my workout done and makes me feel confident in my workout clothes. If you can’t wear workout clothes all the time like me, lay them out so they are always in sight and bring a bag with you when you head to work.
7. Fitness is about making ourselves beautiful from the inside out right? Well don’t skip a muscle group. If you wanna build that booty, you can’t just do booty workouts all the time. Muscle growth should be balanced, if you want abs, you’ve gotta do upper body and lower body. They more muscle growth you have the better your body is at fat burning abilities.
8. Accessories: My dad always said it’s 90% how you look doing it. Gotta look good! I’d say its probably 50-50%, look good, and do it with right form! It’s always more fun and motivating going to the gym when you look good wearing my cute headbands or clean Nikes. Reward yourself for hard work and look cute doing it with fun headbands, shoes, workout clothes, or armbands!
9. Sleep, lots of sleep! Your muscles wont recover and rebuild if you don’t give your body rest. Don’t skip out on sleep or you’ll end up fatigued and unable to do your workouts to the best of your ability. I personally get the dark bags under my eyes and find my skin breaking out, not to forget to mention my mood swings!
10. Hang your fitness clothes. If I sweat a lot I’d obviously wash my clothes right away. But if I had a moderate workout I don’t want to wash my workout clothes every time I use them, they’ll get worn real quick. So instead of leaving them in a heap on the ground or throwing them in the hamper to stew, I hang them up on my closet doors or in the bathroom to air out. Some may think that’s gross, but I promise its only when I’m not drenched in sweat!