Are you dreading the thought of lacing up your shoes and working out?
Workouts should be fun! Something we enjoy each day that is a stress relief.
So if you've come to a point where working out is an obligation or a grueling task, it might be time to SPICE things up a bit.
1. The obvious number one would be to try something new. But that doesn't mean go on a run instead of your usually HITT workout. Or ride the bike for 30 instead of the elliptical, BLEEH I could see why those exercises would be grueling! What I mean by try something new, is try something that is going to make you laugh, a workout that won't feel like working out, or one that allows you to be social and spend time with friends!
-GoGo on a hike - Try a dancing program like Country Heat or Cize
- Bike downtown or down the beach
- Go rollerblading!
- Go paddle boarding
- Go swimming at the lake or pool
2. Find a workout buddy. Peel your best friend off the couch and make her come workout with you! Or, even better, find a friend that is already a fitness freak and ask to workout together. They'll likely show you different workouts and be a good fitness acquaintance.
3. Come up with a really good post workout protein smoothie that you look forward to each day! A reward after the hard work makes the hard work easier to accomplish.
4. New workout clothes or shoes! Buy yourself a new outfit and you'll be dying to show them off.
5. Find new healthy recipes. It doesn't have to be all chicken and brown rice. If you're bored of eating healthy, try a new recipe, add some FLAVOR in your life. Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring!
6. Get a new tracking gadget. The Fitbit is fun to track your steps for the day. Or a new running watch that helps track your pace in a different way then you have been.
7. Get your kids involved! Kids make things more fun and it's really funny to watch them do lunges or burpees.
8. Equipment. Maybe you need heavier weights or a new yoga mat. You can mix things up with a new ab roller or resistance band.
9. Watch Netflix WHILE working out! I've been doing this and tend to get so into the show that the workout time goes by so quickly!
10. Make a new workout playlist or find a new station on pandora. I was getting bored of my workouts so I plugged in the stereo and cranked up the music!
11. Workout in a new location. Parks and nature make my mind so happy. Maybe you need to try a new gym or a new environment to work out in.
12. Start a new program that you've invested in. It's a lot easier to give up on something if you don't have anything to lose. If you've invested money into a program you're more likely to stick with it.
13. Take pictures of yourself half naked before starting a program. This always gets my ass in gear. I always think I look better than I actually do. Pictures don't lie.
14. Find a program with a trainer that actually pushes you. Okay, I know personal trainers are expensive! So look for a Beachbody program where you can have a personal trainer on your T.V pushing you to get through it. I didn't think it'd work for me, but it's like Autumn Calabrese is talking directly to me when I'm working out.
15. Create a game out of your workout:
1. Name workout
2. Dice workout: Associate a number to an exercise and roll the dice for a set amount of time
3. Netflix workout: Watch your favorite show and do a certain exercise every time ______ happens.