1) Simplify it: It doesn't have to be a 20 ingredient recipe to taste good. The fewer the ingredients the healthier!
2) Use portion control containers instead of counting your calories or weighing your food.
3) Food: Eat more not less. The key is to eat more nutrient dense calories and less low nutrient calories.
To lose weight you don’t have to go hungry. You will actually lose weight at a consistent rate if you fuel your body instead of depriving it.
4) Alcohol: Set specific dates where you can have a few drinks on occasion instead of daily. Alcohol can be detrimental to weight loss as it is a poison to your body.
5) Fats: Don't be afraid of healthy fats!! Omega-3's, oils, avocados, peanut butter/almond butter. Your body needs fats to absorb nutrients and utilizes it as an energy source!
6) Carbs: Don't cut out carbs! Eat carbs for breakfast and lunch. They are your main energy source and aid in muscle growth --which burns fat more efficiently.
7) Dairy: Switch from regular milk to almond milk. Check the sugar contents on the carton!
8) Bread: Switch from white to wheat. Wheat is less processed and therefore has more nutrients.
9) Sugar: Cut down on SUGAR. When I began tracking my sugar intake was the month I saw the biggest transformation. I eat less than 15 grams of added sugar a day.
A regular can of coke has 35+grams of sugar..
I look for less than 10g in granola or protein bars and I check the label for amount of sugar per serving.
10) Consider eating more lean meat. Fish and turkey are amazing lean sources of protein.