It’s strange that your mind tricks your body into thinking it’s hungry when you’re not expending very much energy! If you're on your fitness journey and you struggle with over eating during your down time, you are not alone!
Here are a few tips to avoid binging on junk food at night or during the weekends:
1. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry
2. Bucket list: write down 101 things you want to accomplish in before you die
3. Have grab'n go snacks that are healthy. Most grab'n go snacks are unhealthy so be intentional about your snack list. When I'm bored and head to the kitchen the last thing I want to do is prepare a meal, so your on the go snacks are likely the first thing you'll eat.
4. Keep your self from being tempted by not having unhealthy options in the house.
5. Paint your fingers and toes!
6. Find snacks that are a good alternative to the foods you crave when you're bored or having a movie night. For example if you love chocolate buy some chocolate rice cakes, protein bar or protein shake mix. Buy low fat popcorn or all natural healthy chips!
7. Get up and move. Move to the floor to do some leg lifts or abs. Go on a quick walk around the block.
8. Get out of the house! If you’re doing homework at home, go to the library or the coffee shop. If you’re watching Netflix, get up and go to the store or the park.
9. Get out a notepad and set 10 goals for the next 4 weeks.
10. Find a new hobby.
11. Write your significant other a card.
12. Play a board game or cards
13. Chew on some ice
14. Read a book
15. Shop for swim suits
I don't remember the last time I was bored. I'm either sleeping, working, writing a blog, helping clients or growing my business. If you've got goals you want to accomplish, go after them. Being bored is a decision you make, stawwp it! ;)