1) Wake up at the sound of your first alarm. Pressing snooze will set the tone for your day. Do you want your day to be determined by ACTION or snoozing?
2) Go on a brief walk before breakfast.
3)Do a half hour workout or stretch before getting ready.
4) Listen to a personal development audio book while getting ready.
((My recent favs are The 10X Rule, #Girlboss, Miracle Morning, and my current one You Are a Badass!))
5)Write down you list of to-do’s for the day. I like to call them my list of accomplishments because I know I’m going to get them all done, I feel accomplished when I do, and it keeps my motivated all day long.
((Side note: Am I the only one that gets that awesome feeling scratching something off the to-do list? Like, sometimes I put stuff on the to-do list I've already done just to feel more accomplished))
6) List your to-do’s in a priority order. This way, things that aren’t high priority can roll over to tomorrow if you run out of time.
7) Limit distractions. Have your list in front of you where ever you go. If it’s not on the list, don’t waste your time.
8) Stick to a routine 7 days a week. Don’t let the weekends ruin you. You're allowed to work on the weekends. While everyone's relaxing, you GRIND. Sure you can sit down and watch a movie with a glass of wine and your lover. But that doesn't mean you have to waste the rest of your day binge watching Prison Break or soaking up the cancer (aka tanning) #wearsunscreen.
9) Find your energy. I'm sitting here after a FULL night sleep and my eyelids are drooping. To get through my day I'm eventually going to get up and make a pot of coffee. Yes, I drink my coffee black -- no you don't have to. If coffee is one of your luxury items with your fav creamer, why in the world would you give that up? I do enjoy a warm peppermint mocha around Christmas and I wouldn't be a basic white girl without loving pumpkin spice latte (TWO MORE MONTHS!!). But I've decided to opt out of all the extra sugar in my daily diet, that coffee creamer dumps in. Plus I have come to like coffee black. As often as I said I would never drink that poison as a kid.. I have become my grandma (hey grandma!!). If you love your coffee creamer I do suggest getting a low sugar variety and NOT going to Starbucks and ordering a double shot of iced caramel macchiato with an extra pump of caramel.. SUGAR COMA.
10) Reward yourself at the end of each day with something that will motivate you. An episode of your favorite show, a glass of wine (not every night), a piece of dark chocolate, something healthy and rewarding that will help you crush your daily accomplishment list!