1. Fooducate: Nutrition information, calorie tracker, energy tracker, and nutrition label scanner.
2. Daily Water: Tracks your water consumption.
3. Fitmetrics: Tracks your activity throughout the day.
4. Fitness Buddy: Tracker and workouts.
5. My Plate: Calorie tracker, Nutrition and recipes.
6. Nike Training Club: Workouts for every skill that focus on yoga, pilates, and running.
7. Charity Miles: Tracks your distance with phone's GPS and donated 10-25 cents to charity of your choice.
8. Speedo Fit: Tracks distance and duration of swims, provides technique and challenges.
9. Couch-to-5k: Beginners runner regimen that trains for a 5k in 2 months.
10. Runkeeper: Track your runs, walks and bike rides.
11. My fitness Pal: Food diary and calorie counter with energy expenditure calculations.
Notice: All of the following tips have been proven to work by your's truly. If you still end up having a case of the Monday's you didn't drink enough coffee or you need to consult a doctor.
1. Put the coffee grinds in the pot RIGHT NOW. Fill it with water & if it has a timer set it! If not, it will be ready with the press of a button when you roll out of bed in the morning.
2. Lay out your outfit Sunday night. Set it right beside the bed if you have to. (Sometimes I even sleep in my workout clothes.)
3. Sunday night go through your email inbox or text message inbox and delete all your messages. Start Monday day off fresh!
4. Prep for the week on Sunday. That could include cleaning the house, meal prepping, planning your schedule. I always make sure my laundry is done, kitchen is clean and backpack is packed for my Monday classes. For you that could mean making sure the right papers are in your briefcase, your wallets in your purse, or know where your car keys are located before your rushing out the door 20 minutes late.
5. Set your alarm to that one song that makes you wanna dance and sing along. Or set it to a motivational speech so that when it goes off your instantly motivated to LEAP out of bed. In EXTREME Monday cases set your phone across the room so you have to get up to turn the alarm off.
6. Eat breakfast! I know way too many people that skip breakfast. It's the MOST important meal of the day. I could go into the science behind how bad it is for your body to not be fueled first thing in the morning, but let's be real, if you don't eat breakfast you're waiting for that 12 o'clock hour to take your lunch break. That is a dreadful 3-4 hours not only listening to your stomach growl but being stuck at work with no energy and a case of the Mondays. EAT BREAKFAST!
7.. Workout right when you get up! Nothing sets the pace for the day better than a good workout. It will make you more motivated for the day, you'll have more energy, and an extra bonus, you will be burning more calories throughout the day! If you're not into working out, go on a 10 minute brisk walk with your dog, Charlie will sure enjoy it!
8. Change 1 thing about your typical Monday routine. Drive to work a different way, wear a different perfume, dress up a little more than normal.
9. Set your mind up for a positive day. If you start off thinking about how tired you are, how long the day's going to be, or how much you hate your job.. you're going to have nothing but a horrible day. Think happy thoughts and fake it 'til you make it if you have to!