First of all, intimidation and not knowing where to start on your weight loss journey is a huge barrier and a warranted reason to never actually take that step. All the pieces that go into the weight loss puzzle isn't something most people are able to put together on their own and it's different for every individual.
I have put together a basic step by step guide on the pieces you need for your puzzle. More than anything I'd love to help you come up with your exercise and nutrition plan and give you the push you need to get started on this.
Here's what I recommend to start:
1) What do you struggle with most when it comes to your fitness and nutrition?
2) What type of exercise do you ACTUALLY ENJOY doing?
3) What are your health and fitness goals?
These goals should be SMART: Specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, an timely. Meaning you should attribute a number and a date to these goals, not just "I wanna lose weight," or "I want abs"
4) Determine your caloric target. Based off of your weight and fitness goals. If you need this number email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Pick an exercise PROGRAM with nutrition AND fitness. It's incredibly difficult to head to the gym and expect weight loss without a structured guide telling you what to do, how much to do, and how to progress. Then, the other piece to the puzzle is nutrition and eating to fuel the exercise you're doing.
((Luckily, the programs I offer are all inclusive with an exercise program to guide you in your workouts, a nutrition plan systematically created to work with your exercise program, a nutrition shake and portion control containers so you don't have to count calories.))
6) Develop a FULL healthy diet plan. No restrictions and no calorie deficits beyond 750 calories. You will not experience long term weight loss if you're not fueling and nourishing your body! Let's create a plan customized to you, your goals, your caloric needs and your favorite foods!
7) Set yourself up for success by acquiring all the equipment you need for your exercise program and nutrition plan. Whether it be at home or at the gym. Understand how to use the equipment and what type of space you need.
For me, this included a set of 8 pound dumbbells and a resistance band for my exercise program. For nutrition it included tupperware, portion control containers, a shaker cup and a lunch pale!
8) Where will your support and accountability come from? It's important to find a workout buddy you can call or text each day. The online community I host has 70+ women that check in daily with their completed exercise and healthy meals for motivation and accountability!
9) Plan out your weeks down to the time of day you will be exercising. Try and make this as consistent as possible.
10) Implement and track. Start your workout program according to a 30 day calendar and begin tracking your progress. Track weight, bodily measurements, your abilities in performance, and how you feel!
11) Plan after plan. Your first 30 days are crucial, but so are the 30 days after that, and the 60 after that. Have a plan for what's next to avoid falling off track or plateauing.
12) EVALUATE. This is an important step SO MANY PEOPLE miss. Evaluate each week. Write down what you struggled with, what you could have done better and how your felt. Often times, your nutrition plan will need to be adjusted depending on your energy levels, and your systems need to be tweeked if you struggled in certain areas.
Following these steps will help you with a starting point to create a lifestyle instead of a quick fix. Head into this journey with your mind made up. Remember that it's not always going to be easy, it may be super overwhelming at first, but it will be worth it@ You have a reason why you're starting, wrap your head around this WHY and make sure it's something you see every day to push you forward.
Check out the attached Fitness Journal I created for you wonderful followers. It goes along with the programs I offer but I believe it can be suitable to you in whatever fitness journey you're embarking on. Let me know what you think!